It’s Springtime. What does Spring bring? Spring cleaning, that’s what.
Everyone is talking about cleaning and the buzz word right now is decluttering. With the popularity of Marie Kondo’s book, decluttering is on an all time rise.
But, how do you know that it may be time to clean out some of your things or better yet, to declutter?
Check out this list of 30 reasons why you may need to declutter. I am sure we can add several more reasons, but this will give you a good personal start.
**This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from this page, I may receive a small percentage of the sale, at no extra cost to you. **
- Your storage solutions aren’t really solving anything.
- Your car doesn’t know what the garage looks like.
- You don’t know what your closet floor looks like.
- You can’t tell what season it is by looking at your living room.
- There’s no room for your new clothes in your closet.
- It’s a year later and you are still waiting to fit in some of your clothes.
- You found your prom dress.
- You are finding things you didn’t even know (or remember) you had.
- You have CD cases covered in dust.
- You still have decorations from that party.
- You have more furniture than you have a house.
- You start to wonder where did you get all these dishes.
- You didn’t realize you owned your own public library.
- You can’t open your dresser drawers.
- You have several boxes of colors and crayons and you have teenagers now.
- Your car trunk is another storage area.
- Your storage boxes are inside of boxes.
- Your bookcases can’t even fit books.
- You still have a phone book from 5 years ago.
- You own several cookbooks, but you have the same cooking rotation.
- You have clothes that make you wonder what were you thinking when you bought them.
- You have several DVD’s but are currently watching a movie on NetFlix.
- There are several things in your house that don’t work (or don’t work properly).
- Your visiting relatives can identify your house by all the stuff you have outside.
- Nobody can tell what your real hobby is.
- You’re not sure if you’re supposed to sleep in your bedroom.
- You are the person everybody always asks to borrow stuff from.
- You never have anything to wear even though you have a closet full of clothes.
- The shoe boxes to hold your shoes are empty.
- You can’t remember the last time you decluttered.
So, there you have it. 30 possible reasons why you may need to think about doing some decluttering. I know these are things that I noticed in my home and I immediately started to get rid of things. Do some of these reasons hit home? Are there some decluttering reasons that could be added? Leave those in the comments below.